LogicalDOC’s Integrated Version Control automatically manages each version of a document as it enters LogicalDOC. Every time a document is modified, a new version is produced and tracked. The document version is always visible – the latest version is put forward for current operations while previous versions remain viewable.
Version control allows you to monitor when any change was made and who performed it. A new version is created when a user changes metadata or when a check-out/check-in operation is performed. Check-out/check-in operations will also generate a new file version.
Benefits of this Feature
- Eliminates the need for ad-hoc naming conventions to manage file versions, such as inserting numbers or dates in the file name
- Users no longer need to remember to manually version documents
- View who made changes to a document, when, and what was modified
- Configurable first version number (1.0, .9, etc.)
- Modifiable number of maintained historical versions for each document
- Maintenance of major and minor document versions
- Double versioning for documents and attached files
- Differentiate between various document versions
- Access to versions maintained for every document
- Notes stored on each new version