LogicalDOC’s integrated Document Version Control automatically manages each version of a document as it enters LogicalDOC and increases the. Every time a document is modified, a new version is produced and tracked. The document control is an important part of a collaborative document solution so the version is always visible – the latest version is put forward for current operations but the revision history remains accessible.
Version control allows you to monitor when any change was made and who performed it. A new version is created when a user changes metadata or when a check-out/check-in operation is performed. Check-out/check-in operations will also generate a new file version.
Benefits of this Feature
- Eliminates the need for ad-hoc naming conventions to manage file versions, such as inserting numbers or dates in the file name
- Users no longer need to remember to manually version files in the document management system
- View who made changes to a document, when, and what was modified
- Multiple versions
- Configurable first revision number (1.0, .9, etc.)
- Modifiable number of maintained historical versions for each document
- Maintenance of major and minor document versions
- Double versioning for documents and attached files
- Differentiate between various document versions
- Access to versions maintained for every document
- Notes stored on each new version