Normally LogicalDOC is configured like a single-instance single-tenant environment where each tenant(instance owner) runs a single instance that is installed on one server or across a cluster of them.
Of course LogicalDOC can also run multiple instances on the same server, separating content stores and creating a personalized clients environments in order to give you the following advantages :
- Share costs with all tenants.
- Share support and personnel costs.
The Multi-tenancy enables multiple independent tenants to be hosted on a single instance, which can be installed either on a single server or across a cluster of them. The main instance is logically partitioned such that at each client it seems to access a dedicated and isolated instance of LogicalDOC.
Benefits of this feature
- Host more clients in a single LogicalDOC instance
- Share the costs of hadrware resources
- Share the costs of software licenses
- Share the general administration costs
- Each tenant has its own data structure: users, documents, templates ...
- Superusers can switch from a tenant to another
- Normal users can only access their tenant
- Each tenant can be branded with custom logos